But I am just a pilgrim on this road, boys
Until I see you fare thee well
-Steve Earle, Pilgrim

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Fountain Cafe

On Saturday, I rode over to Fordland with Doug and Rae. We had breakfast at the Fountain Cafe. There is an old soda fountain counter at the cafe. No one ordered a soda while we were there, so it may only be for looks. The pancakes were okay, but not on our top ten list. As Doug said: "It looks more like a biscuit and gravy place". They did have a good crowd. We skipped getting our hair done at the Kurl-up & Dye, which I thought might be a joint venture with an undertaker. We did buy snickerdoodle and peanut butter cookies from the bakery next to the cafe. It was already too hot by the time we got back. I was glad we left early.

Doug at the Fountain Cafe














Kurl-up & Dye














Rae & Doug heading home

No comments: