But I am just a pilgrim on this road, boys
Until I see you fare thee well
-Steve Earle, Pilgrim

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

300K Brevet Postscript

The two riders, Jason Feltrope and Dan Pfaff, abandoned the brevet after they ran into a major storm with heavy rain, thunder and lightning. They were just past the bridge replacement project, about 110 miles into the ride. They took shelter at the home of a couple who provided an MS150 rest stop a few years ago. When it became apparent the storm was not going to letup any time soon, they got a ride home. When I was riding into Pierce City, I saw the storm move in behind me. I was hoping at the time that they were further along.

Doug Nickell provided the following pictures of the finishers. Thanks again to Doug, Rae and Tom for helping out at the finish.

Nancy Myers














Tom Barnett & Mike Myers














Rae Nickell keeping me dry

No comments: